Social Media Basics for your Business
This is suitable for those wanting a basic understanding of using social media to effectively market their business or ideas. It is aimed at people wanting to take their first steps into the world of desktop publishing and design, whether it is designing and producing a newsletters, brochure, posters, flyers or simply better training literature - InDesign allows you to have the quality and control to produce professional looking literature.
People may want to understand its potential, or for people with some experience who want to gain more confidence with the application.
This course is useful for small business owners looking to expand their skill set to improve their business marketing collateral and branding. This will also be of value to marketing departments wanting to know more about design and raising the standard of their marketing materials.
This one-day course covers topics which will help to develop your social media understanding and skills, provide a guide into what a successful social media plan consists of, how to identify and engage your target audience as well as identifying the tools to measure your social media success with tips on time saving, all relevant to your businesses.
The course is delivered over 1 day from 9.30am to 4.30pm
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to the Social media platforms, B2B, B2C and understanding which is right for your business and review your competitors
- Review of business pages; setting up correctly and reviewing security/trouble shooting
- · Looking at your branding across platforms, brand values, tone of voice and long/short term goals
- Understanding File management, size, resolution and purpose – png, jpeg, pdf etc.
- Review target audience persona
- Develop content plan, scheduling and time management
- Looking at image and headlines, hashtags and engagement
- Brief overview of analytics, testing and review
How will Delegates Learn?
- You will be provided with tutorial handouts, to make notes on for each section
- Through demonstration and practical application, you will be guided through the tutorials throughout the day, using small building blocks of learning
- An informal approach will be taken and so you are encouraged to question and review
- Your understanding will be assessed through question and answer and your outcomes
You will need to bring your own charged laptops, have access to images, your social media platforms; passwords/usernames, logo and any brand guidelines etc. You will need to know who your competitors are, aspirational competitors, those in your industry that are good exemplars of using their social media effectively.
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course, please contact us:
Business Partnerships, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368 option 1
Next Course Date
Please bring with you a fully charged laptop with access to your files, email and images