This course is suitable for people who are new to presentations or who are looking to further develop their skills. It aims to give you the skills and the confidence to deliver professional and engaging presentations, and to enjoy it.
Presentations are a powerful tool that enable us to communicate, engage, influence, inspire and sell. Learning how to deliver effective presentations, whether its inside our business or for an external audience, equips us with the skills set to get our message to the people that matter.
This is an interactive two-day workshop that will take you through designing and delivering presentations, exploring the key skills required and giving you the opportunity to put them into practice and receive targeted feedback that will grow your confidence and abilities.
You should come prepared to give a short (2 min) presentation about you.
This course is delivered over 2 days with attendance required both days from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Topics covered will include:
Introduction and Welcome
- Common concerns
- Creating confidence
- Feedback rules
- Individual initial 2-minute presentation – all about you
- Feedback and personal development areas
- Basic structure
- ‘Rule of Threes’
- Arranging material – approaches to use; Listing, groupings, sequences, mind mapping
- Editing and condensing material
Understanding your Audience
- Researching your audience
- Adapting content and language
- Calibrating response
- Attention spans and adding texture
- PowerPoint – words vs images
- Using data
- Exercises and practical activities
- Compelling starts
- Painting pictures with words
- Aids for remembering content
Voice & Body
- Body language
- Using the stage
- Voice, tone, projection
- Managing nerves
Influencing and Selling
- Start with Why
- Push Style vs Pull Style
- Take home message/call to action
Using and Handling Questions
- Making questions work for you
- Handling audience questions
Handling Difficult People
Putting it into practice
- 10-minute final presentation to bring all of the learning together.
In this two-day programme, you will learn the techniques and build the skills that will allow you to:
- Design a presentation
- Target it to your audience
- Create compelling content
- Effectively use visual aids
- Deliver with confidence and purpose
- Influence and engage your audience
Our trainers bring with them a wealth of experience in the subject. Their approach is professional and relaxed to quickly build confidence. We expect participants to be fully involved in the process, be enthusiastic and work hard to change their behaviours and to incorporate new learning.
Next Course Date
Next Course Start Date - 12/02/2024 with second day of course on 19/02/2024
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course, please contact us:
Business Partnerships, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB