TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles required for a variety of job roles in the adult health and care sector including: equality and diversity, safeguarding, duty of care, health and safety, person-centred approaches and handling information.
This course is ideal for those just starting in the sector and looking to solidify their skills and knowledge, or those wishing to build a solid foundation in which they can embark on a career in adult social care. You will have the opportunity to develop your theoretical knowledge, in relation to your practice. This will allow you to put the expertise you learn on the course in to valuable, practical experience in your job role.
Free to study.*
There are no specific entry requirements, however, learners should have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
Core units for this online qualification include:
- Introduction to Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Principles of Communication in Adult Care Settings
- Principles of Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion in Adult Care Settings
- Principles of Personal Development in Adult Care Settings
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Understand Health and Safety in Social Care Settings
- Understand How to Handle Information in Social Care Settings
- Understand Person-centred Approaches in Adult Social Care Settings
- Understand the Role of the Social Care Worker
All materials are provided for you to complete the course. However, you will need access to a PC/laptop and suitable Wi-Fi to access teaching and learning.
Course length & timescale
Length of programme: 16 weeks
Total qualification time: 210 hours
Please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals.
*Most students over the age of 19 will be able to study these courses for free, however, please contact us if you’re aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full Level 2 qualification (five GCSEs grade 9-4/A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
If you need help or support with any of our online distance learning courses please call us on 01904 770827 to speak to one of our Online Learning Coordinators.
TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care.