Music Performance & Production Diploma Level 2
This is a highly practical course designed to introduce students to a range of skills including the basics of studio recording and performance. You will learn by completing a range of projects and assignments based on realistic industry situations.
A minimum of 3 GCSE subjects at grade 3 ideally including English and Maths.
What will I study?
You will study a range of units which include:
- Introduction to Music Performance
- Introduction to Music Production
- Listening Skills for Music Performance and Production
- Exploring Music Composition
- Contextual Research for Performance and Production
- Performance Skills and Practice
- Production Skills and Practice
- Music Performance and Production Project
The course is also designed to run alongside maths and English study programmes if required.
Method of delivery
You will typically be in College three days per week. All units will be taught in a classroom/workshop environment. Students will also study English and maths where relevant.
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through coursework and performances.
Good course combinations
This is a full-time course. It is not possible to combine this course with other Vocational, Apprenticeship or A Level programmes.
Your next steps
This course is a good stepping stone to the Level 3 Extended Diplomas in Music, Performing Arts, Acting, Musical Theatre & Dance or Backstage Arts.