Beauty Therapy VRQ Diploma Level 3
Level 3 is a high-level qualification expanding on the skills already learnt and achieved in Level 2 Beauty Therapy, enabling you to progress to higher education or employment.
You must have already achieved Level 2 Beauty Therapy or Media Make-up and have passed Maths and/or English at a grade 4 or higher. Students who do not have Maths and/or English will study the Level 3 Certificate in Beauty Therapy, which is similar to the Diploma but without the face and body electrotherapy units.
What will I study?
The subjects covered include the theory and practice of:
- Body Massage
- Massage Using Hot and Cold Stones
- Indian Head Massage
- Advanced Facial Electrotherapy Treatments (Diploma only)
- Advanced Body Electrotherapy Treatments (Diploma only)
- Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
- Planning and Implementation of Promotional Activities
- Contribute to the Financial Effectiveness of the Business
Additional courses you will study:
Options to complete courses in the following:
- Semi-Permanent Artificial Lashes
- Participation in competition work
- Opportunities to attend beauty seminars and presentations
- Eve Taylor professional skin care qualifications and additional external training
- Careers presentations (for example Steiner TransOcean, Ragdale Hall Health Hydro Spa etc.)
- Work experience
- English and/or Maths (if you haven't achieved a grade 4 or above)
Method of delivery
This course is predominantly a practical-based course. This means that the majority of your training will be delivered in a salon/workshop environment. You’ll be expected to complete theoretical knowledge through homework activities and directed learning, although some theory work will also be embedded into practical sessions. You will be required to complete tests and assignments as part of your study. You may be required to partake in online learning activities throughout the course, which are often led by employers and industry specialists.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in one of the College Beauty Salons. Assessments will involve performing treatments on other members of the class as well as on external paying clients. You will also be required to complete written assignments and online tests. Assessments are graded Pass, Merit, Distinction.
Good course combinations
This is a full-time course. It is not possible to combine this course with other Vocational, Apprenticeship or A Level programmes.
Your next steps
Progression opportunities may include Level 4 Diploma in Salon Management or a Foundation Degree in Media Make-up (if you wish to progress to higher education, you must have GCSEs at grade 4 or above in English and Maths.) Employment opportunities include salon/spa work, work on cruise liners, Mobile Therapist, and setting up your own business.
“I chose Beauty Therapy because I have always been interested in nails, massage, make-up and facials. I started on the Level 2 Diploma and wanted to progress to improve my skills further and to learn lots of new techniques. I particularly enjoy doing hot stone massage and Indian head massage.”