TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
This qualification aims to provide learners with the underpinning knowledge that is required by employees to work in a range of different environments in a business administration role. The objectives of this role are to help learners to develop essential knowledge of how to carry out administration tasks such as how to manage information and supporting events and know how to apply their knowledge in a variety of industries and roles.
You will develop skills in preparing and distributing business documents and identify how to manage information within an organisation. The information learnt in this course will strengthen your business communication skills, including identifying appropriate body language and tone of voice and you will be provided with an understanding of different organisational structures and the variations between private, public and voluntary sectors.
Free to study.*
There are no specific entry requirements, however, learners should have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Understand the organisation and administration of meetings
- Understand the organisation of travel and accommodation
- Understand how to manage diary systems
- Understand how to use office equipment
- Understand the use of mail services in a business context
- Understand customer service in a business environment
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand how to prepare business documents
- Understand the distribution of business documents
- Understand how information is managed in business organisations
- Understand the essential requirements of business documents
- Principles of communication in a business environment
- Understand the requirements of written and verbal business communication
- Understand employer organisations
- Understand organisational structures
- Understand the organisational environment
- Principles of developing working relationships with colleagues
- Understand the principles of effective team working
- Understand how to buddy a colleague
- Principles of business administrative tasks
- Understand how to deal with mail
- Understand reception services
- Understand the management of diary systems
- Understand event organisation
- Understand finance for administrators
- Understand how to prepare text
- Understand how to create text from notes
- Understand the preparation of text from recorded notes
All materials are provided for you to complete the course. However, you will need access to a PC/laptop and suitable Wi-Fi to access teaching and learning.
Course length & timescale
Length of programme: 12 weeks
Total qualification time: 170 hours
Please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals.
*Most students over the age of 19 will be able to study these courses for free, however, please contact us if you’re aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full Level 2 qualification (five GCSEs grade 9-4/A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
If you need help or support with any of our online distance learning courses please call us on 01904 770827 to speak to one of our Online Learning Coordinators.
TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration.