Advanced Beauty Therapist Apprenticeship Level 3
You must be employed in a relevant role for a minimum of 30 hours per week. As a minimum, you should have 3 GCSE’s with English and Maths at grade 4 or above and also a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification.
What will I study?
This apprenticeship will give you the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to work as a Beauty Therapist to provide, design and implement bespoke treatment plans. These advanced treatments range from advanced manual therapies such as advanced massage techniques to technical therapies such as face and body electrical treatments and will include the following:
- complete advanced consultations including in-depth client lifestyle profiling.
- design, implement and perform advanced bespoke manual therapies on the face, scalp and body
- design, implement and perform advanced facial technical (electrical or mechanical) therapy treatments
- design, implement and perform advanced body technical (electrical or mechanical) therapy treatments
- provide post treatment aftercare and product advice for advanced manual and technical therapies
- promote sales and additional services to enhance the customer experience and overall treatment results
- perform and implement risk assessment protocols in relation to the environment, treatments and client risk
- supervise individual and team activities
- identify continual professional development requirements to ensure up to date knowledge and skills of new and emerging techniques
You will build up a portfolio, which is a collection of examples or evidence of your work that demonstrates your skills and ability, such as a work diary, photos, statements from your employer and colleagues and examples of completed tasks which will form the basis of the professional discussion in end point assessment (EPA). You will also keep a treatment log (compiled during the on-programme period of the apprenticeship) which provides evidence of how you have used technologies during treatments carried out.
Method of Delivery
Apprentices attend College one day per week and work for their employer the rest of the time. The apprenticeship takes one year to complete and will be followed by an End-Point assessment.
How will I be assessed?
The End-Point Assessment (EPA) will comprise of:
- 80-minute online knowledge test of 44 questions
- Observation of 4 hours with 2 clients
- Technology demonstration lasting 1.5 hours
- 45-minute professional discussion based on your portfolio of evidence
There are no specific College programme related costs, however you will be advised of any additional costs during your application and enrolment process.
Advanced Beauty Therapist Apprenticeship Level 3.
Good course combinations
It is not possible to combine this course with other Vocational, T Level or A Level programmes.
Your next steps
On completion of this apprentice will be qualified to work in such roles as Advanced beauty therapist, Head therapist, Senior therapist etc become self-employed or start your own business. You can also look at higher level apprenticeships such as team leader and management or other industry-based qualifications.
To find out more about how to become an apprentice or how to recruit an apprentice into your business, please contact York College Business Partnership Team:
Tel: 01904 770368