Have you considered T Levels?
It’s T Level celebration week!
Are you in year 11 at school? Perhaps you are a parent helping your child make choices on their next steps?
School leavers now have another option for further education: T Levels.
We’re here to give you all the answers you need to make an informed choice on your next steps and whether a T Level might be right for you. Let’s break it down…
What is a T Level?
T Levels are technical, career focussed, two-year qualifications which have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses.
They allow students the opportunity of both classroom training and real work experience in a chosen industry.
Around 80% of a student’s time is spent in the classroom with the remaining 20% being spent on placement. This differs from an Apprenticeship, which is typically 80% on the job and 20% in the classroom.
Also, the study and industry placement aren’t linked to a specific individual role or job. Instead students are given broad exposure to an industry and the many different roles it offers.
What are the benefits of studying a T Level?
From a student’s point of view, T Levels give a real insight into the world of work. Students who have completed a T Level leave their studies with invaluable work experience.
Studying a T Level gives a real flavour for what a career in a chosen industry will look like. The skills and experience gained will give fantastic examples to talk about at interviews, meaning you go into your chosen industry feeling confident and equipped.
T Levels have been built with employers in mind. Historically, employers have talked about a skills gap and their struggles to recruit people with technical skills. Because T Levels have been built in collaboration with businesses, you can be confident that the content of a T Level matches that of what employers need. And because of the work experience element of a T Level, employers get early sight of the new talent in their industry.
What T Level subjects do we offer?
Here at York College we offer a range of T Level courses, and over the coming years, have plans to grow even-further our T Level offering.
Our courses span various industries including Business & Professional Studies, Construction, Digital Technologies, Early Years & Education, Engineering, Hair & Beauty and Health & Social Care.
How does a T Level qualification compare to others?
A T Level equates to 3 A Levels.
Grading wise, T Levels are graded as a pass, merit, distinction or distinction*. A T Level Distinction* is worth the same as 3 A levels at A* and will be recognised by universities and other education providers so you can choose to continue your studies on to higher education if you wish or seek employment.
If you think a T Level could be for you, visit our T Levels page by clicking here.
Why not come along to our next Open Event and chat to our team about T Levels? Click here to register for your place.