Vehicle Fitting Principles IMIAL Diploma Level 2
This VRQ includes the full range of routine vehicle fitting procedures. It provides essential knowledge and skills for vehicle fitters working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of garages, dealerships and fast fit businesses.
A minimum of 3 GCSE subjects at grade 3 ideally including English and Maths, and grade 4 in English or Maths; or completion of the Light Vehicle Maintenance IMIAL Diploma Level 1.
What will I study?
You will have the opportunity to study both the theory and practical aspects of some of the following:
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing high performance light vehicle and motorcycle tyres
- Carrying out light vehicle front wheel alignment
- Inspecting and replacing light vehicle clutches, exhaust components, suspension dampers, vehicle batteries and braking systems
- Safe use of oxy-acetylene
- Assessing and securing a roadside situation
- You will gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage
You will also study GCSE English or Maths, as required, alongside this course.
You will require the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and a toolbox. There is also a £50 contribution towards consumables for the course.
Method of delivery
You will typically be in College three days per week with time spent in the workshop undertaking practical activities and in the classroom studying theory work.
How will I be assessed?
The assessment of this VRQ is made up of two components:
- Practical tasks
- Online testing
Good course combinations
This is a full-time course. It is not possible to combine this course with other Vocational, Apprenticeship or A Level programmes.
Your next steps
Progression on to the Light Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Diploma Level 2 or an apprenticeship.