TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
The purpose of this qualification is to develop your knowledge of behaviour that challenges and the effects it can have on the individual and those around them.
You will gain an understanding of the many reasons why a person’s behaviour may change or become challenging, including; anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and dementia. You will learn about what ‘challenging behaviour’ means and how to support and manage it, as well as methods and importance of communicating.
Free to study.*
There are no specific entry requirements, however, learners should have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
Core units for this online qualification include:
- Understand How to Manage a Situation When an Individual is Acting in a Challenging Manner
- Understand How to Prepare to Manage an Incident of Behaviour that Challenges
- Understand How to Recognise that an Individual’s Behaviour Has the Potential to Intensify
- Understand Legislation and Support Relevant to Behaviour that Challenges
- Understand Own Role in Providing Support Following an Incident of Challenging Behaviour
All materials are provided for you to complete the course. However, you will need access to a PC/laptop and suitable Wi-Fi to access teaching and learning.
Course length & timescale
Length of programme: 9 weeks
Total qualification time: 133 weeks
Please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals.
*Most students over the age of 19 will be able to study these courses for free, however, please contact us if you’re aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full Level 2 qualification (five GCSEs grade 9-4/A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
If you need help or support with any of our online distance learning courses please call us on 01904 770827 to speak to one of our Online Learning Coordinators.
TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges.