Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One and two year courses.
What will I study?
The Level 3 Extended Diploma is made up of a range of units, which include:
- Anatomy for Sport
- Physiology for Sport
- Practical Team and Individual Sport
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Tests and Training
- Athletes Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
What could it lead to?
The majority of students progress on to higher education courses relating to sport studies, sports management, sports development and teaching; although there have also been examples of students progressing on to non-traditional options including business. Employment progression has included fitness instructing, personal training and sports coaching.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma Level 2
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Sport Coaching) Diploma Level 2
- Sport & Physical Activity (Sport Coaching or Working in Sport & Leisure Pathway) Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1
- Sport Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3