Within this qualification you will develop interpersonal skills to communicate with a range of other people and to demonstrate effective team working skills.
Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year course.
What will I study?
Within the qualification you will develop interpersonal skills to communicate with a range of other people and to demonstrate effective team working skills. These qualities will all be enhanced through a range of sports coaching opportunities as part of planning and running a sports event or through work experience. The structure and function of the body during exercise will also be studied in depth.
The course covers a wide range of subjects including:
- Participation in Sport
- Sport Leadership Skills
- Practical Sport
- Sports Coaching
- Plan, Deliver and Evaluate a Sports Session
- Health, Exercise and Nutrition
- Introduction for Fitness and Training
What could it lead to?
Students may progress onto an advanced level qualification in Sport/ Sport and Exercise Science or take up employment in the sport and leisure industry.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma Level 2
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Sports Coaching) Diploma Level 2
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1
- Sports Coaching Extended Certificate/Foundation Diploma/Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Protective Services Extended Certificate/Foundation Diploma/Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3