Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year course.
What will I study?
The YMCA Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training is an ideal qualification for those in the exercise and fitness sector who wish to complement their existing skills. The qualification aims to provide students with the understanding and practical skills needed to work as a personal trainer in a variety of settings. This includes understanding health and safety in a fitness environment, customer service, anatomy and physiology, personal training programmes and sessions, and nutrition. Students successfully completing this qualification will be able to gain access to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3.
Units studied include:
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
Why York College?
- You'll have regular email contact with qualified tutors for feedback and support
- We offer a personal face-to-face approach
- We've invested £20,000 in our gym, so you'll be using the most up-to-date equipment in the industry
What it could lead to?
Students can enter employment (including self-employment) as a personal trainer or you could progress to a Foundation Degree in Sports Therapy.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma Level 2
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Sport Coaching) Diploma Level 2
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1
- Sports Coaching Extended Certificate/Foundation Diploma/Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Protective Services Extended Certificate/Foundation Diploma/Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3