Entry requirementsSport & Physical Activity (Sport Coaching or Working in Sport & Leisure) Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
One and two year courses.
What will I study?
You will be introduced to the varying aspects of sport, from the organisation and development of sport, to how the body works and principles of fitness training and testing, to sport coaching and outdoor activities. If you want to pursue a career in the energetic world of sport, this is an ideal course.
Over the course of the programme students will study a range of units which include:
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Preparing for a career in sport and physical activity
- Work experience in sport
- Sports Coaching
- Fitness testing for sport & exercise
- Practical team/individual sports
What could it lead to?
Students who achieve these qualifications could progress onto:
- NGB outdoor coaching or instructor qualifications
- NGB coaching awards
- Apprenticeships in various sectors within sport and physical activity
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in sports development or fitness
- Degree in sport and exercise science
- Degree in outdoor adventure or leadership
- Degree in sport and leisure
Employment progression has included fitness instructing, personal training, coaching, outdoor instructor and retail.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.