Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One and two year courses.
What will I study?
This qualification is designed for students who want to go on to higher level studies or into a relevant Uniformed Services role.
This course will:
- Allow you to progress to employment or further study and towards the entry qualifications and requirements of a specific uniformed service
- Inform and prepare you to become a uniformed service potential recruit
- Provide an understanding of the uniformed public services sector
- Give you the opportunity to investigate career opportunities in the uniformed services
- Give you the ability to prepare for a recruitment interview
- Provide an understanding of the personal commitment and fitness requirements needed to be employed in a uniformed service role
- Provide an understanding of the external organisations that impact on and influence the work of the uniformed services
- Provide an understanding of how uniformed services organisations respond in emergency situations
- Provide the opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services eg leadership skills, coaching skills, conflict management, personal protection, teamwork, communication, navigation, drill
What could it lead to?
Public Service - the course gives a good understanding of the services and the skills and knowledge to make a strong application. University - degree courses such as Criminology, Policing, Business, Sports, Disaster Management, Law, IT, Youth and Social Studies.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma Level 2
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Working in Sport) Diploma Level 2
- Sport & Physical Activity (Sport Coaching or Working in Sport & Leisure Pathway) Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1