For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
One year course.
What will I study?
You will be introduced to the varying aspects of sport, from the organisation and development of sport to how the body works and principles of fitness training and testing to sport coaching and outdoor activities. If you want to pursue a career in the energetic world of sport, this is an ideal course.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise
- Sports Coaching
- Physical Fitness and Injuries in Sport
- Planning and Running a Sports Event
- Development of Personal Fitness through Training
What could it lead to?
The majority of students progress on to higher education courses relating to sport and exercise sciences, sports therapy and teaching; although there have also been examples of students progressing on to non-traditional options including law. Employment progression has included fitness instructing, personal training, coaching, outdoor instructor and retail.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Football Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport (Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction) Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Outdoor and Public Services) Level 2
- Sport and Active Leisure BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Sport and Exercise Sciences National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Public Services National Extended Diploma Level 3