For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
One year course.
What will I study?
This study programme will provide you with the opportunity to develop skills and experiences that will help you to pursue a career in the uniformed public services, and is ideal if you wish to join the armed forces, emergency services, paramedical services or the prison service.
You will learn introductory skills and knowledge to start a career in sport or to progress into employment in the sector. Course content includes:
- National Extended Diploma
- Participating in Sport
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Physical Fitness and Injuries in Sport
- Expedition Experience
- Promote Outdoor Activities
What could it lead to?
Students may progress onto an advanced level qualification in Public Services or Sport/Sport and Exercise Science or take up employment in the sport and leisure industry. Alternatively, you can enter employment at a junior level in a range of outdoor adventure occupations, including becoming an outdoor instructor.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Football Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport (Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction) Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Outdoor and Public Services) Level 2
- Sport and Active Leisure BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Sport and Exercise Sciences National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Public Services National Extended Diploma Level 3