Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year course.
What will I study?
This qualification aims to provide informed and prepared potential recruits to the services. It will enable students to prepare to make a recruitment application or provide a basis for further study and progression towards the entry qualification of a specific service. It will also provide an insight into the practical qualities they require, not only for uniformed services, but also for employment in general.
The course is made up of a range of units including;
- The Role and Work of the Public Services (E)
- Working Skills in the Public Services Sector
- Citizenship, Society and the Public Services (E)
- Crime and its Effects on Society and Individuals
- Health, Fitness and Lifestyle for the Public Services
E = external set examined units. The other units are assessed through assignments, case studies, practical observations and presentations.
We have excellent and well-established links with the Police Force, Army, Navy and RAF, Fire Service, Ambulance, Prison and Probation service who actively contribute to the work-related element of the course.
You can re-sit GCSE Maths and/or English alongside this course.
What could it lead to?
Students may progress onto a Level 3 course in Uniformed Protective Services or Sport/Sport and Exercise Science or take up employment at a junior level in the public sector or enter the Armed Forces.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Coaching) Diploma Level 2
- Sport and Exercise Science Foundation Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1
- Sports Coaching and Development Extended Certificate/Foundation Diploma/Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Protective Services Extended Certificate/Foundation Diploma/Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Services Extended Certificate Level 2