One year course.
For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
What will I study?
Within the qualification you will develop interpersonal skills to communicate with a range of other people and to demonstrate effective team working skills. These qualities will all be enhanced through the range of sports coaching opportunities as part of planning and running a sports event or through work experience. The structure and function of the body during exercise will also be studied in depth. The course covers a wide range of subjects including:
- Preparing to work in the sport and leisure industry
- Health, Safety and Injury
- Preparation for Sport
- Sport Leadership Skills
- Practical Sport Outdoor
- Sports coaching
What could it lead to?
Students may progress onto an advanced level qualification in Sport/Sport and Exercise Science or take up employment in the sport and leisure industry.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Football Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport (Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction) Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Outdoor and Public Services) Level 2
- Sport and Active Leisure BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Sport and Exercise Sciences National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Public Services National Extended Diploma Level 3