Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year course
What will I study?
This course offers an enjoyable blend of practical activities and theoretical study that prepares students for progression onto the advanced level courses.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing, students are required to successfully complete the following modules:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing, you must successfully demonstrate your achievement of all learning outcomes of the units as detailed in this qualification specification. This is a competence portfolio based qualification.
What could it lead to?
On completing this course you will have an industry recognised qualification enabling you to start to work as a fitness instructor immediately. At the end of this qualification you will have the skills and knowledge necessary to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective fitness instruction sessions via the context of gym-based exercise. Once you successfully complete this qualification, you will be able to gain access to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2. You may progress onto an advanced level qualification in Sport/Sport and Exercise Science or take up employment in the sport and leisure industry.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma Level 2
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Working in Sport) Diploma Level 2
- Sport & Physical Activity (Sport Coaching or Working in Sport & Leisure Pathway) Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1