For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
One year course.
What will I study?
The programme content includes a comprehensive introduction into the health, fitness and sports industry.
Units covered include:
Taking Part in Exercise and Fitness
Planning Own Fitness Programme
Improving Own Fitness
Working in Sport and Active Leisure
How the Body Works
Working in a Team
Assisting a Leader of Sports or Active Leisure Activities to Plan and Deliver an Activity
Assisting at a Sport or Active Leisure Event
What could it lead to?
Upon successful completion of this course you may wish to progress to a Level 2 course in Sport or the Level 2 course in Public Services (this is also subject to a good course report and recommendation from your course tutor). Some students may wish to pursue entry to employment in the sports and fitness industry.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Football Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport (Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction) Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Outdoor and Public Services) Level 2
- Sport and Active Leisure BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Sport and Exercise Sciences National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Public Services National Extended Diploma Level 3