Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What will I study?
Are you interested in studying a course that explores a wide variety of media production? Do you want to create your own magazines, radio productions and video games?
Creative Media Production and Technology introduces you to a wide selection of elements of the media and builds in additional skills for successful progression to the Advanced Level courses. It is a practical programme with an additional focus exploring a theoretical understanding of the products that will be produced. You will complete work related projects and activities, which links directly to realistic workplace demands. You will be required to produce a variety of media products as well as exploring media organisations, audiences and specific media texts. At the end of course you will be given freedom to specialise in one of the practical topics explored on the course and produce a media product of your choosing. Subject specific trips and opportunities are also offered.
- Understanding Media Audiences and Research
- Personal Development (can include video production and photography)
- Video Game Design and Animation
- Graphic Design
- Audio Production
- Final Digital Production Project
Students may also be required to undertake GCSE/Functional Skills in English and Maths as required for their progression.
A materials contribution is applied to this course. For Level 1 & 2 courses this is £25.
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through coursework and will require the production and maintenance of an online blog.
What can I do next?
Upon successful completion of the course you can progress onto a Level 3 programme in one of the specialist pathways offered at the College.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Creative Media Production and Technology Diploma Level 2
- Creative Media Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Performance and Production Diploma Level 2
- Music Performance and Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Production Arts Diploma Level 2
- Performing & Production Arts (Backstage Arts) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Production Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Production Arts (Dance) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Production Arts (Musical Theatre) Extended Diploma Level 3
- UAL Level 1 Award and Diploma in Music, Performing and Production Arts