For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
What will I study?
You will be introduced to many areas of performance, but in particular dance, acting and technical theatre. With practical skills and knowledge from these you will develop and prepare towards your own individual needs and progression pathways.
Over the year practical work and assignments will include a range of projects drawn from core and specialist units.
The programme may also include GCSE/Functional Skills Maths and English as appropriate for Level 3 progression requirement.
How will I be assessed?
There is continuous assessment of project/assignments throughout the programme. These may include performances, presentations, practical or written work. The course is primarily a practical one, consisting of 70 per cent practical work and 30 per cent written work. All units are assessed and an overall grade for the course will be awarded.
A materials contribution is applied to this course. This will be confirmed at interview. You will be expected to have a rehearsal/dance kit. This will be confirmed at enrolment. We also have trips to theatres and other venues. These are priced on an individual basis.
What could it lead to?
Students who achieve a Merit grade can look to move onto a Level 3 pathway in either Acting, Dance, Musical Theatre or Backstage Arts.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Creative & Performing Arts (Dance) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Creative & Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production and Technology Diploma Level 2
- Creative Media Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Performance and Production Diploma Level 2
- Performing and Production Arts Diploma Level 2
- Performing Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3