Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year course.
What will I study?
This is a highly practical course designed to introduce students to a range of skills including the basics of studio recording and performance. You will learn by completing a range of projects and assignments based on realistic industry situations. The course is also designed to run alongside Maths and English study programmes if required.
Units will include:
- Introduction to Music Performance
- Introduction to Music Production
- Listening Skills for Music Performance and Production
- Exploring Music Composition
- Contextual Research for Performance and Production
- Performance Skills and Practice
- Production Skills and Practice
- Music Performance and Production Project
What could this lead to?
This course is a good stepping stone to the Level 3 Extended Diplomas in Performing Arts, Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance or Production Arts.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Creative Media Production and Technology Diploma Level 2
- Creative Media Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Performance and Production Diploma Level 2
- Music Performance and Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music, Performance and Production Arts Diploma Level 1
- Performing and Production Arts Diploma Level 2
- Performing & Production Arts (Backstage Arts) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Production Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Production Arts (Dance) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Production Arts (Musical Theatre) Extended Diploma Level 3