An introduction to speaking and understanding Spanish for complete beginners.
There are no formal entry requirements – you do not need to have studied any Spanish before. Enthusiasm and a willingness to participate will certainly help.
Dates and Times
Spanish for Beginners has been broken down into two terms. In autumn you will complete Beginners 1 and in spring complete Beginners 2, it is up to the individual if they wish to complete both courses. You will need to complete both courses to be able to progress onto Spanish Continuers.
Beginners 1: 17th September 2018 - 26th November 2018
Beginners 2: 4th March 2019 - 3rd June 2019
Time: 18.30pm - 20.30pm
Students will acquire basic communication skills in Spanish in familiar situations; this includes topics such as:
- Introducing yourself & talking about family
- Talking about where you're from
- What you do for a living
- Ordering food and drink in a bar
- Handling money and general shopping
- Understanding what there is in town and simple directions
- Hobbies / Leisure time
- Daily Routine
- Booking and checking into a hotel
- Public and private transport
- Shopping for food and clothes
The course consists mainly of classroom tuition with activities organised around the skills of speaking, listening and reading.
Exams and Assessments
There is no formal assessment.
There is no formal qualification for this course. You will receive a College Certificate of Attendance to show you have attended.
Students who enjoy the course and are successful can progress from Beginners 1 to Beginners 2 later in the year. Students who wish to start Beginners 2 should have basic grammatical knowledge eg regular verbs, use of the definite article and basic adjective agreements. After completing both parts of the course students may wish to progress to Spanish for Continuers in the second year.
The cost of this course is £200 per 10 week block.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- York College Certificate - British Sign Language Beginners
- York College Certificate - British Sign Language Continuers
- York College Certificate - French for Beginners
- York College Certificate - German for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Italian Advanced
- York College Certificate - Italian for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Italian for Continuers
- York College Certificate - Reading the Booker Longlist
- York College Certificate - Spanish Advanced
- York College Certificate - Spanish for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Spanish for Continuers