Who is this course aimed at?
People who have already completed a British Sign Language beginners course(s) and/or who have some basic knowledge of BSL.
Students will learn to understand and use a limited range of simple words and sentences, take part in simple, everyday conversations, give and follow simple directions or instructions and give and follow simple familiar statements or descriptions in BSL.
Students should have completed the Beginners BSL course(s) or have a basic knowledge of BSL.
Dates and Times
23rd January 2020 - 2nd April 2020
23rd April 2020 - 2nd July 2020
Time: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
The course will cover basic greetings, talking about the weather, using numbers, asking for and understanding directions and talking about transport.
The course is classroom based with practice of BSL.
Exams and Assessments
Practical teacher assessment of skills.
Signature Level 1 Award Unit 2.
Signature Level 1 Award Unit 3.
Unique Selling Points
This is a new course for York College and will allow students to gain an accredited BSL qualification.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Communicate in British Sign Language about Everyday Life
- Signature British Sign Language Level 1 Award - Introduction to BSL
- York College Certificate - Beginners Greek
- York College Certificate - Beginners Plus British Sign Language
- York College Certificate - Beginners Plus German
- York College Certificate - Beginners Plus Italian
- York College Certificate - Beginners Plus Spanish
- York College Certificate - German for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Italian for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Spanish for Beginners