Who is this course aimed at?
Students who have enjoyed and been successful on the Beginners course, or whose knowledge of German already allows them to “get by”.
Students will practise their listening, reading and speaking skills with some writing. The emphasis is on communication, finding out more or sharing experiences of German culture and enjoying learning the language.
Students should have completed the beginners course and/or had some experience of learning German.
Dates and Times
22nd January 2020 - 1st April 2020
Time: 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Topics covered could include:
- Hobbies / Leisure time
- Daily Routine
- Booking and checking into a hotel
- Public and private transport
- Shopping for food and clothes
There will be opportunities for pair speaking work, listening to recordings and reading simple text with some writing of simple messages.
Exams and Assessments
No formal assessment but some small optional homework tasks.
We plan to run a pre-Intermediate course for those who would like to go further starting in September 2020.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Communicate in British Sign Language about Everyday Life
- York College Certificate - Beginners Greek
- York College Certificate - Beginners Plus German
- York College Certificate - British Sign Language Beginners
- York College Certificate - British Sign Language Continuers
- York College Certificate - German for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Italian for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Italian for Continuers
- York College Certificate - Spanish for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Spanish for Continuers