Who is this course aimed at?
People who have already completed the British Sign Language beginners course(s) and/or who have some basic knowledge.
Students will learn to understand and use a limited range of simple words and sentences, take part in simple, everyday conversations, give and follow simple directions or instructions and give and follow simple familiar statements or descriptions in BSL.
Students should have completed the Beginners BSL course(s) or have a basic knowledge of BSL.
Dates and Times
21st Sep 2020 - 7th Dec 2020, Tuesday evenings.
6.00pm - 9.00pm.
The course will cover basic greetings, talking about the weather, using numbers, asking for and understanding directions and talking about transport.
The course is classroom based with practice of BSL.
Exams and Assessments
Practical teacher assessment of skills.
Signature Level 1 Award Unit 1.
Signature Level 1 Award Unit 2.
£50 - £100.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Signature British Sign Language Level 1 Award - Communicate in BSL about everyday life
- York College Certificate - Beginners British Sign Language
- York College Certificate - Beginners Greek
- York College Certificate - German for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Italian for Beginners
- York College Certificate - Spanish for Beginners