3 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths (or Functional Skills in English and Maths), Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2 or extensive experience from industry in the relative area.
What will I study?
This qualification is the result of collaboration between industry, education and City and Guilds. It takes into account the latest approach to food safety, health and safety and industry practices.
This qualification covers all the patisserie and confectionery skills and knowledge to show that you've got what it takes for a successful career as a pastry chef, or to improve your culinary ability.
Units covered include:
- Introduction to the Hospitality and Catering Industry
- Food Safety in Catering
- Health and Safety Awareness for Catering and Hospitality
- Introduction to Healthier Foods and Special Diets
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold desserts
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot desserts
- Prepare, cook and finish complex chocolate work
- Prepare, cook and finish complex sugar work
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold dough
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold pastry
- Prepare, cook and finish complex sauces and filling
- Menu Development
Dates and Times
This course operates as 'roll on, roll' off study meaning there are multiple iterations of this course that run throughout the year.
What could it lead to?
Potential job occupations include:
- Pastry Chef
- Fast Food Operative
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- York College Certificate - Advanced Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Chocolate Making
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Chocolate Making
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Patisserie & Confectionery