Students may have achieved one of the following Level 1 courses: Foundation Diploma in Hospitality, Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery or NVQ Preparation and Cooking or have experience in the industry. You will also need to have achieved 3 GCSEs at grade C, including Maths and English or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English.
What will I study?
The content of this qualification is designed to meet the needs of candidates who want to work as chefs in the catering and hospitality sector by providing them with a wide range of high quality cooking skills that they can apply across a range of catering contexts.
Units covered include:
- Maintain a safe and secure environment
- Work effectively as a team
- Give customers a positive impression
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
You will prepare and cook a selection of the following: soups, sauces, vegetables, poultry, fish, meats, grains, pasta, puddings, dough products, pastry, cakes and biscuits depending on the units chosen.
Dates and Times
This course operates as 'roll on, roll' off study meaning there are multiple iterations of this course that run throughout the year.
How will I be assessed?
Practical assessments and underpinning knowledge questions.
What could it lead to?
Students may progress into employment, or onto Level 3 Professional Cookery and Level 3 Patisserie and Confectionery courses.
Potential job occupations include:
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- York College Certificate - Advanced Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Chocolate Making
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Chocolate Making
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Patisserie & Confectionery