Who is this course aimed at?
Anyone who wish to explore chocolate making.
Chocolate Making course has been designed to provide foundation skills in the areas of working with chocolate and producing chocolate desserts.
Dates and Times
This introductory course is targeted at providing foundation chocolate making skills for individuals wishing to explore the area of chocolate making, and/or wish to develop their skills in this area, it will give learners the opportunity to:
- Temper chocolate
- Process chocolate
- Make chocolate desserts
- Understand food preparation and cooking
Kitchen workshop based with some E-learning through York College Blackboard.
Exams and Assessments
No assessment involved.
York College certificate in Chocolate Making.
Will I need my own equipment?
All equipment required for the classes will be provided. Students will learn in a fun and relaxing atmosphere in a well-equipped commercial kitchen. Class sizes also ensure one-to-one attention. In each class students will learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques shown and go home with new-found skills. Ingredients for the course can be provided at basic cost or brought in yourself.
Progression into further learning or employment.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- York College Certificate - Advanced Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Chocolate Making
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Chocolate Making
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Patisserie & Confectionery