This qualification is aimed at those wishing to progress from the current Level 2 Professional Cookery and/or for those in industry who wish to be recognised for their skills. It is also an opportunity for those in industry to further increase their knowledge within the area of professional cookery.
Students will achieve a higher level of supervisory skills around crafr and non-craft skills and have an ability to manage others.
Units may include:
- Supervisory skills in the Hospitality Industry
- Principles of Food Safety Supervision for Catering and Practical Patisserie and Confectionary
There are also additional units developing advanced skills and techniques in:
- Producing fermented dough products
- Petit fours
- Cakes and Sponges
- Chocolate work
- Pastillage and sugar work
Course Dates: 10th September 2018 - 5th July 2019
£0.00 - £2,583
On completion of this course, students may progress onto higher studeis, into employment or further progress onto a management and leadership apprenticeship or a Foundation Degree.
Potential job occupations include:
- Sous Chef
- Catering/Restaurant Manager
- Kitchen Supervisor/Manager
- Nutritional Therapist
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma Introduction to Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- Level 2 Diploma Food & Beverage Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery (Patisserie and Confectionary)
- York College Certificate - Advanced Bakery
- York College Certificate - Advanced Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Advanced Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Bakery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Bakery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Patisserie & Confectionery