Students must have achieved one of the following Level 1 courses: Foundation Diploma in Hospitality, Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery or NVQ Preparation and Cooking. You will also need to have achieved 3 GCSEs at grade C, including Maths and English or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English.
Dates and Times
Start date: 20 Sep 2017
End date: 04 Jul 2018
Time: All day
The content of this qualification is designed to meet the needs of candidates who want to work as chefs in the catering and hospitality sector by providing them with a wide range of high quality cooking skills that they can apply across a range of catering contexts.
Units covered include:
- Healthier Food and Special Diets
- Investigate the Hospitality and Catering Industry
- Food Safety in Catering
- Health and Safety Awareness for Catering and Hospitality
- Catering Operations, Costs and Menu-planning
- Apply Workplace Skills
You will prepare and cook the following: stock, soups, sauces, vegetables, fruit, poultry, fish, meats, shellfish, grains, pasta, puddings, dough products, pastry, cakes and biscuits.
Written assignments, short answer tests and practical examinations.
Students may progress into employment, or onto Level 3 Professional Cookery, Level 3 Patisserie and Confectionery or Level 3 Hospitality Supervision courses.
Potential occupations include:
- Catering Assistant
The cost of this course is £1790.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this leaflet, the content is subject to change where necessary.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Cake Decoration & Icing
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Beginners Cake Decoration & Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Advanced Bakery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Bakery