- An interest in baking
- You will also require the following equipment: Apron and non-slip shoes
Dates and Times
Start date: 22 Jan 2018
End date: 9 Apr 2018
This course is for those interested in learning about making different bakery products from Doughnuts to Quiche Lorraine. This non-accredited short course is run by our highly trained chef lecturers.
The course will give students all the tips they need to finish the perfect bakery products you can then make at home, making delicious flavoured items yourself instead of buying from the supermarket! Professional techniques and practices gained from our chefs experienced in all aspects of baking, working in our industrial kitchen facilities within a state of the art College.
All equipment required for the classes will be provided. Students will learn in a fun and relaxing atmosphere where they will work in a well-equipped commercial kitchen. Class sizes also ensure students get one-to-one attention so that they get the most out of the session. Students will learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques shown and go home with new-found skills.
Ingredients can be provided at cost or provided yourself.
Full-time Level 2 Patisserie and Confectionary Diploma.
Advanced Bakery short course
The cost of this course is £250.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Cake Decoration & Icing
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Beginners Cake Decoration & Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Advanced Bakery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Bakery