An interest in baking and pastry.
Students will also require the following equipment: Apron and non-slip shoes.
Dates and Times
19th September 2018 - 3rd October 2019
Time 6.00pm - 9.00pm
This course is for those interested in learning baking and pastry skills. This non-accredited short course is run by our highly trained chef lecturers.
Our baking and pastry course will give students all the tips they need to make the perfect basic pastry products to grace any mealtime or dinner party and make them and their friends and family proud.
Students will learn how to prepare and cook a variety of basic pastry, dough and desserts products and develop practical skills in the kitchen.
All equipment required for the classes will be provided. Students will learn in a fun and relaxing atmosphere in a well-equipped commercial kitchen. Class sizes also ensure one-to-one attention. In each class, students will learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques shown and go home with new-found skills.
Students can progress onto the Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionary short course, which will continue to develop their skills.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma Introduction to Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- Level 2 Diploma Food & Beverage Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery (Patisserie and Confectionary)
- York College Certificate - Advanced Bakery
- York College Certificate - Advanced Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Advanced Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Bakery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Bakery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Patisserie & Confectionery