Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What will I study?
This programme allows you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the food and beverage/front of house sector. This qualification covers all aspects of food and beverage service supervision. You will learn the key skills required to ensure you have a thorough understanding of the role and expectations that any future employer will expect from you as a supervisor.
This qualification will provide the knowledge and practical skills required to effectively supervise food & beverage areas. Units include:
- Principles of Supervising Food and Beverage Services
- The Principles of Food Safety Supervision for Catering
- Principles of Promoting Food and Beverage Services and Products
- Supervise Food and Beverage Service
- Legislation in Food and Beverage Service
How will I be assessed?
Competence-based assessment through a portfolio of evidence, assignment and underpinning knowledge questions.
What could it lead to?
You could progress onto other Level 3 courses in Hospitality or Business or to our Foundation Degree in Leadership & Management, or an advanced/higher apprenticeship. Potential job occupations include Catering/Restaurant Supervisor, Bar Tender, Receptionist and Deputy Manager.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 3
- Hospitality Services NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Certificate Level 2
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism City and Guilds Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism Diploma Level 2