Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What will I study?
This Level 2 Extended Certificate is an introduction to the world of Travel and Tourism. The travel and tourism industry is a dynamic and fast growing sector accounting for over 2 million jobs in the UK. You will be provided with an opportunity to explore and gain an insight into the key areas that drive the UK tourism sector.
Our Extended Certificate qualification will provide you with key skills and knowledge to gain employment in this fast growing and diverse industry. You will develop skills in teamwork, effective communication and customer care as well as developing a broad understanding of the many employment areas within the industry.
This qualification covers topics such as:
- The UK Travel and Tourism Industry
- Travel Agency Operations
- Planning and Delivering Guided Tours
- UK Airports and Airlines
- Customer Service
- Tourism in a Popular UK Region
There is also the option to take part in a range of trips and residential visits during the course which are designed to support the topics being studied. Costs for these visits are additional and cover a range of local, national and international destinations.
How will I be assessed?
This qualification is a portfolio-based qualification. Internally assessed, you are required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of 100% of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit. On completion of each unit, you must declare that the work produced is your own. The Assessor must countersign this. The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio could include (in no particular order):
- Assessor observation
- Witness testimony
- Practical tasks
- Record of professional discussion
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Candidate and peer reports
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
What could it lead to?
On completion, you may progress into employment within the tourism, hospitality, business or retail sector or progress to higher studies at Level 3 in either Travel & Tourism or Business. Alternatively you could progress onto an apprenticeship.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 3
- Hospitality Services Diploma Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Certificate Level 2
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism Extended Certificate Level 2