Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year. Attendance is as full-time and it may include work experience placement.
What will I study?
This Level 2 Diploma is an introduction to the world Travel and Tourism. The Diploma will provide an opportunity to explore and gain an insight into the key areas that drive the York economy. The travel and tourism industry is a dynamic and fast growing sector accounting for over 2 million jobs in the United Kingdom. Our City & Guilds qualifications will provide you with key skills and knowledge to gain employment in this fast growing industry.
The Diploma covers many aspects to help you succeed in your career within the industry covering subjects such as air fares, ticketing, tour guiding and the qualifications in travel and tourism. It will provide you with the skills and knowledge to either progress to further/higher studies or into an apprenticeship or workplace employment.
Level 2 units include:
- Activity Tourism in the UK
- Visitor Attractions
- Principles of Customer Service
- Tourist Information Services
- UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
How will I be assessed?
Some of the components are assessed externally, others by internal assessment whereby each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of 100% of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit. On completion of each unit candidates must declare that the work produced is their own. The Assessor must countersign this. The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio could include (in no particular order):
- Assessor observation
- Witness testimony
- Record of professional discussion
- Record of oral and written questioning
- Candidate and peer reports
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
What could it lead to?
On completion you may progress into employment within the business, retail, hospitality, visitor or tourism sector, or progress to higher studies on either a Level 3 in Business or Level 3 in Travel and Tourism course. Alternatively, you could progress into an apprenticeship.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 3
- Hospitality Services NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Certificate Level 2
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism City and Guilds Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism Diploma Level 2