Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What will I study?
This qualification will allow you to develop skills, knowledge and creativity in a demanding area of cookery. This course will teach you specialist pastry, cake and confectionery techniques with an emphasis on practical learning. You'll be learning in our specialist patisserie kitchen on equipment that you'd expect to find in the industry's top pastry kitchens.
You will be studying the following topics:
- Hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Paste products
- Biscuit, cake and sponge products
- Fermented dough products
This course will give you the opportunity to practice developing the specialist skills required to work in a bakery or a pâtisserie. Ideal if you want to work as a pastry chef.
How will I be assessed?
Written assignments, short answer tests and practical examinations.
What could it lead to?
Students may progress into employment or onto Level 3 Patisserie and Confectionery or Level 3 Hospitality courses.
Potential job occupations include:
- Pastry Chef
- Catering Assistant
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 3
- Hospitality Services NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Certificate Level 2
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism City and Guilds Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism Diploma Level 2