For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
DurationOne year full-time, but part-time is possible.
What will I study?
The course is an Entry Level hospitality & catering course for students who would like to prepare to enter the hospitality industry who may need a little extra help with reading, writing and confidence building. It involves experiencing Customer Service in the Hospitality Industry, Introduction to the Hospitality Industry, Food Service, Basic Food Preparation and Cooking, Food Safety and Serving Food and Drink. All Foundation programmes include social and work skills and Functional Skills.
How will I be assessed?You will be continuously assessed during the course through projects and skills checks, practical assessments and assignment work.
What could it lead to?
Students can progress to Level 1 Professional Cookery or Level 2 Hospitality Services depending on progress throughout their programme. Alternatively, students may wish to take up a job opportunity in the hospitality and catering industry.
Potential job occupations include:
- Hotel Porter
- Hotel Receptionist
- Hotel Room Attendant
- Food Processing Operative
- Fast Food Service Assistant
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Hospitality Services NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Intermediate Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism - City and Guilds Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3