Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year for the Diploma. Two years if the top-up option to the Extended Diploma is selected.
What will I study?
This is a one year (with an option to top up to a second year) course suitable for learners who are focused on gaining an in–depth knowledge of the travel and tourism industry. This qualification is recognised by the professional association The Institute of Travel & Tourism.
This qualification is for anybody who wants to work or already works within the travel industry and wants to develop their skills further or develop more specialised skills in a particular area.
The qualification contains units that are relevant to all sectors of the industry and include:
- Farm and Rural Tourism in the UK
- Promotions and Sales in Travel and Tourism
- Work Placement in Travel and Tourism
- Planning and Delivering Guided Tours
- Developing People in Travel and Tourism
- Conference and Events
If opting to continue onto the second year top-up you will be able to improve your career prospects by achieving additional units on top of those achieved in the Level 3 Diploma such as:
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Holiday Park Hosts
- Developing an Entertainment Programme
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be through a combination of online testing, assignment work and short answer questions.
What could it lead to?
Students can progress onto higher level courses, including degrees or apprenticeships, or into full-time employment. Potential job opportunities include:
- Hotel Receptionist or Manager
- Tourist Guide
- Travel Agent
- Resort Representative
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 2
- Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 3
- Hospitality Services NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Certificate Level 2
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism City and Guilds Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism Diploma Level 2