Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One and two year courses.
What will I study?
This qualification is aimed at those wishing to progress from the current Level 2 Professional Cookery and/or for those in industry who wish to be recognised for their skills. It is also an opportunity for those in industry to further increase their knowledge within the area of professional cookery. Students will achieve a higher level of supervisory skills around craft and non-craft skills and have an ability to manage others.
There are two pathways, Professional Cookery (Kitchen Larder) or Patisserie and Confectionery. Units will include:
- Supervisory Skills in the Hospitality Industry
- Principles of Food Safety Supervision for Catering
- Practical Gastronomy or Patisserie and Confectionery
There are also other additional units developing advanced skills and techniques in producing poultry, meat, fish, shellfish, vegetables, game, fermented dough products, pastry, petit fours, desserts, biscuits, cakes and sponges, chocolate work, pastillage and sugar work.
How will I be assessed?
The Diploma is assessed by short answer tests and practical assessments.
What could it lead to?
On completion of this course, students may progress onto higher studies, into employment or further progress onto a management and leadership apprenticeship or a Foundation degree.
Potential job occupations include:
- Sous Chef
- Catering/Restaurant Manager
- Kitchen Supervisor/Manager
- Nutritional Therapist
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Hospitality Services NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism City and Guilds Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3