Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What will I study?
This qualification will provide the knowledge and practical skills to work front of house. The qualification covers a range of essential skills that will enable the student to gain confidence in delivering a high level of service to all customers in a range of environments.
- Customer Service in Hospitality
- Food Safety in Catering
- Health and Safety in Catering and Hospitality
- Team Working in Hospitality
Plus a range of optional units covering:
- Food and Beverage Service Skills
- Providing Reception Service Skills
- Food Preparation and Cooking Skills
- Providing Housekeeping Services Skills
- Handling Payments and Maintaining Payment Points
How will I be assessed?
Competence based assessment through a portfolio of evidence and underpinning knowledge questions.
What could it lead to?
Students could progress onto Level 3 courses including Professional Cookery or Food and Beverage Service. Potential job occupations include Catering/Restaurant member, Bar Tender, Receptionist and Housekeeper.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Food and Beverage Supervision Programme Level 3
- Hospitality Services NVQ Diploma Level 2
- Introduction to the Hospitality Industry Foundation Learning - Entry Level 3/Level 1
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 1 (Foundation Learning)
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2
- Professional Cookery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery Certificate Level 2
- Professional Patisserie and Confectionery NVQ Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism City and Guilds Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Travel and Tourism Diploma Level 2