If you wish to study this course full-time you must apply through UCAS. UCAS Code: H3S5. Institution code Y70.
If you wish to study part-time follow the 'apply' link at the top of this page and fill out a York College application form.
Click here to view York College’s agreement with the Office for Fair Access (OFFA) and an explanation on how fee income will be used to support students.
The HNC in Health and Social Care feeds directly into the HND in Health and Social Care., allowing you to study the subject in more detail. These qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in the health and social care sector and their national recognition by employers allows for direct progression in to employment. They offer a strong, sector-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding.
Successful completion of a HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
The programme provides the knowledge and skills needed to work in a range of roles within both health and social care. The course team, working in partnership with local employers, will provide you with professional and technical education, thereby giving you a clear line to employment or progression to a degree at Level 6.
Emphasis on practical skill development, alongside the requisite knowledge and understanding, is an important component of the course. You will learn through applied practical work and develop skills to critically analyse information and develop knowledge skills and behaviours needed to succeed in the workplace.
- • Communicating in health and social care organisations
- • Principles of health and social care practice
- • Health and safety in the health and social care workplace
- • Personal and professional development in health and social care
- • Working in partnership in health and social care
- • Research project
Did you know?
These courses will provide you with a wide range of practical skills that could potentially provide the basis of a number of different careers in the health sector.
Skills You Will Learn
- Communication skills
- Organisational and Problem Solving Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Campaign Planning and Promotion
- Critical Thinking
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Report Writing and Data Analysis
- Time Management
- Senior Healthcare Assistant
- Healthcare Administration Manager
- Health Educator
- Substance Misuse Worker
- Occupational Therapy Support Worker
- Recovery Worker
- Wellbeing Coordinator
- Public Health Practitioner
- Smoking Cessation Advisor
- Health Improvement Officer
Full time: £7200
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.