If you wish to study this course full-time you must apply through UCAS; UCAS Code L5T8, Institution Code Y70.
If you wish to study part-time follow the 'apply' link at the top of this page and fill out a York College application form.
Click here to view York College’s agreement with the Office for Fair Access (OFFA) and an explanation on how fee income will be used to support students.
York College's Foundation Degree in Applied Health will cover a range of healthcare concepts and has a strong focus on the applied nature of these.
Duration and Attendance
Full-time: 2 years
Part-time: 4 years
This course will begin in September 2017, subject to sufficient enrolments.
48 tariff points (please see the UCAS tariff calculator on the left-hand side of this webpage to work out your tariff point amount)
Access to HE Diploma
Relevant level 3 qualification
Level 2 maths and English
Level 4 (Year 1) is designed to give students a solid base to healthcare and will cover topics such as care policy, communication and professional practice:
- Academic Writing Skills and Personal Development (20 credits)
- Introduction to care policy (20 credits)
- Communication in healthcare practice (20 credits)
- Professional Practice (20 credits)
- Work based learning (20 credits)
Level 5 (Year 2) brings in more advanced topics such as ethics, mental health support and health promotion:
- Reflective practice (20 credits)
- Empowering and supporting individuals (20 credits)
- Mental health and intellectual disability (20 credits)
- Introduction to the Biology of Disease (20 credits)
- Ethics of care (20 credits)
- Health promotion (20 credits)
Students completing this programme could enter employment as a Health Care Assistant or similar, or progress to a generic 'health' Level 6 degree programme.
|Fee 2017/18 (starts)||Fee 2018/19 (starts)|
*International Students should call the International team at York College on 01904 770425
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.