This course is a York St John University validated bridging programme.
The course is designed for students who have a basic awareness of counselling and who intend to develop their understanding and skills in order to work more effectively as helpers.
Providing that the applicant has a relevant degree, this certificate provides a route into the professionally accredited Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling at York St John University. Please contact the York St John Admissions Department for further information about the different routes into counselling that they provide.
Applications are welcome from a wide range of professional backgrounds.
An 'Introduction to Counselling' course would be advantageous.
A willingness to be open and to share the learning process with others is important.
Enthusiasm and commitment are also important.
Dates and Times
Start date: 19 Sep 2017
End date: 17th Apr 2018
Time: 13.00 - 16.30 or 17.30 - 21.00
The course comprises two modules:
Module 1 is designed to deepen awareness of core values and beliefs within a person-centred approach to counselling.
Module 2 is designed to consolidate skills development informed by the person-centred approach, through theoretical approaches.
Skills practice and demonstration of effectiveness are emphasised.
A portfolio of evidence, skills assessment and a reflective evaluation essay.
If you have previously attained a degree and successfully completed this programme, you could progress onto the PG Dip/MA in Counselling.
The cost of this course in 2016 was £1,300 but this may change in 2017.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- CPCAB Level 2 Award in Counselling Skills
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills