Who is this course aimed at?
These qualifications are designed for those learners who :
- Seek the course as an entrance to their training to become a qualified professional counsellor
- Wish to acquire a repertoire of counselling skills for use in other work areas, and who have no wish to become a professional counsellor, e.g. nurses, social workers and teachers.
This qualification is made up of credit rated units developed in association with Skills for Health, the Sector Skills Council for the Health and Social Care Sector. It develops a repertoire of interpersonal skills and counselling skills, promotes personal growth, and provides essential industry knowledge to help learners make informed career decisions.
Learners will complete this qualification with a comprehensive and full understanding of the following:
- How to identify, practise and develop a range of interpersonal and counselling skills
- the main theoretical approaches to counselling
Dates and Times
18th September 2019 - 1st July 2020, 1.15pm - 4.30pm, Wednesdays
19th September 2019 - 2nd July 2020, 6.00pm - 9.00pm. Thursday
18th September 2019 - 1st July 2020, 6.00pm - 9.00pm. Wednesdays
23rd January 2020 - 2nd July 2020, 1.15pm - 4.30pm, Thursdays
23rd January 2020 - 2nd July 2020, 6.00pm - 9.00pm. Thursdays
It is intended that learners be given the opportunity to develop a range of counselling skills and skills in self-awareness and self assessment. These skills will be more effectively developed through a process which encourages learners to assume an active responsibility for their own learning and which enables them to establish principles and good practice from a shared analysis with fellow learners and staff of experiences on the course and related experiences.
The ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills aims to:
- Develop a repertoire of counselling skills at a consistent level
- Underpin these skills with an understanding of one major therapeutic model
- Increase the self-awareness of the person and their awareness of the impact that they have on people
Learners must complete all 4 mandatory units:
Understanding the context for the use of counselling skills
Understanding counselling theory
Using counselling skills
Personal development for users of counselling skills
Exams and Assessments
A mixture of internal assessment and external examination.
ABC Level 3 certificate in counselling skills.
Learners who complete this qualification may be able to progress to the ABC Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Level 2 Award Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills