In the UK today, there is an ever-growing number of people living with a common health condition. These conditions have varying effects upon those who develop them and all required continual management in order to minimise the impact they have on an individual’s day to day life.
NCFE Level 2 (online distance learning, no exams involved).
Who Is It For
To study this course all students must be aged 19 or over, most students over the age of 19 will be able to study this course for free, however, please contact us if you are aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs grade A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
Guided Learning Hours - Minimum – 121
Maximum – 148
Study hours Per Week - 11.5
(*please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals*)
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course simply visit the How to Enrol webpage and select BDU incl. Distance Learning from the first drop down menu and then choose your desired course from the second drop down.
Most students over the age of 19 will be able to study this course for free, however, please contact us if you are aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs grade A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
This particular short course is just 12 weeks long.
How It Helps You
Ideal for anyone currently working in or seeking a career in the health sector, this qualification will ensure positive development in strengthening awareness of the many signs, symptoms and treatments available for a variety of common health conditions. These conditions include cardiovascular disease, arthritis and physical disability. Learners will also discover how to care for individuals and enable them to manage, monitor and control their condition effectively.
How Is The Course Delivered
This course is available in both paper and online format, and is up to you to decide which method you prefer, making the course flexible and easy for you. Personal tutors are assigned to each learners, to help ensure you have the support you need throughout the duration of the short course.
UNIT 1 – Understand how to contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions
Learners will discover how to accurately monitor the health of individuals living with an existing condition, studying patient observation, recording information pertaining to the patient and reporting this information to the relevant parties. This unit will also develop learners’ knowledge of the responses required should there be changes to an individual’s condition.
UNIT 2 – Understand cardiovascular disease
Learners will gain an understanding of the cardiovascular system and the different forms of cardiovascular disease including their signs, symptoms, causes and risk factors. This unit will also highlight the effects such a condition has on patient’s daily life, as well as the treatment and management options available.
UNIT 3 – Stroke awareness
This unit covers the different types of stroke and their warning signs, symptoms and eventual effect on the individual. Learners will develop knowledge of the swift response required in the event of an emergency and the wide range of support that is available following a stroke.
UNIT 4 – Arthritis awareness
Within this unit learners will develop an understanding of the different types of arthritis, their causes, signs and symptoms. The module also touches upon how to best treat the condition in order to allow those affected the ability to enjoy their day to day life.
UNIT 5– Understand physical disability
This unit educates those studying in how to provide support to individuals with physical disabilities, help them to effectively manage their disability and their ability to maintain their independence.
UNIT 6 – Parkinson’s disease awareness
Parkinson’s disease affects one person in 500 in the UK. The treatment of the condition is complex and requires great sensitivity as well as knowledge. Within this module, you will discover how Parkinson’s develops and its underlying causes. This unit also outlines the treatment options, support services and strategies available for those managing the condition.
If you would like to enrol, you can do so via our Enrol Now page.
If you have any further questions about York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Level 2 Award Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills