The NHS spent more than £13 billion on medicines in 2012, and experts believe that as much as 50% of medicines prescribed, dispensed or sold are done so inappropriately every single year. Furthermore, once they have acquired medicines, half of all patients in the UK fail to take those medicines correctly. These scenarios can often result in disastrous consequences, especially when medicine ends up on the wrong hands, whether that is in a hospital or on the street.
NCFE Level 2 (online distance learning, no exams involved).
Who Is It For
To study this course all students must be aged 19 or over, most students over the age of 19 will be able to study this course for free, however, please contact us if you are aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs grade A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
Guided Learning Hours - 120
Study hours Per Week - 12
(*please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals*)
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk. Alternatively; you can enrol over the telephone on 01904 770770.
Most students over the age of 19 will be able to study this course for free, however, please contact us if you are aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs grade A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
This particular short course is just 8 weeks long.
How It Helps You
By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification, you will develop and improve your knowledge and skills in good health and social care-skills which could help reduce these shocking statistics.
How Is The Course Delivered
This course is available in both paper and online format, and is up to you to decide which method you prefer, making the course flexible and easy for you. Personal tutors are assigned to each learners, to help ensure you have the support you need throughout the duration of the short course.
UNIT 1 – Understand medication and prescriptions
This unit covers the different types of medication that individuals are likely to encounter in the workplace, the various classifications of medication and the sources of information and guidance available to those looking to learn more.
UNIT 2 – Supply, storage and disposal of medication
Learners will gain a deep understanding of how to correctly obtain, handle, store and dispose of medication, as well as the roles and responsibilities of staff in relation to these procedures.
UNIT 3 – Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
This unit covers the administration of medication by examining the process and common side effects experienced by individuals taking particular medications, as well as how to follow procedures when problems occur and monitor the ongoing effects of mediation.
UNIT 4 – Record keeping and audit processes for medication
Learners will develop an understanding of the audit process, getting to know the records that must be maintained within the administration of medicines, as well as issues of responsibly and confidentiality.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Level 2 Award Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Award in Working with Young People
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills