One in four British adults experiences at least one diagnosable mental health problem each year. The most common is mixed anxiety and depression, but there are so many other issues which have a huge impact on a person’s life and the people around them.
NCFE Level 2 (online distance learning, no exams involved)
Who Is It For
This course is funded by the adult education budget, and therefore suitable for learners aged 19 and over and the courses are co-funded. Individuals that are aged 19 or over and have not attained a GCSE grades A* to C in maths or English will be fully funded.
Guided Learning Hours - 160 Study hours per week - 11.5 (*please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals*)
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk. Alternatively; you can enrol over the telephone on 01904 770770.
Most students over the age of 19 will be able to study this course for free, however, please contact us if you are aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs grade A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
This particular short course is just 12 weeks long
How It Helps You
This qualification offers a comprehensive understanding of some common mental health problems, which is of vital importance for anyone who works around people who experience these conditions.
How Is The Course Delivered
This course is available in both paper and online format, and is up to you to decide which method you prefer, making the course flexible and easy for you. Personal tutors are assigned to each learners, to help ensure you have the support you need throughout the duration of the short course.
UNIT 1 – Understanding mental health
UNIT 2 – Understanding stress
UNIT 3 – Understanding anxiety
UNIT 4 – Understanding phobias
UNIT 5 – Understanding depression
UNIT 6 – Understanding post-natal depression
UNIT 7 - Understanding bipolar disorder
UNIT 8 – Understanding schizophrenia
UNIT 9 – Understanding dementia
UNIT 10 – Understanding eating disorders
UNIT 11 – Understanding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
UNIT 12 – Understanding obsessive-compulsive disorder
UNIT 13 – Understanding Post-traumatic stress disorder
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Level 2 Award Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Award in Working with Young People
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills