This qualification is helpful for those who want to know how you could help protect innocent and vulnerable people who may be suffering from abuse, harm or neglect, in the adult health and social care industry.
In 2013, 176,000, safeguarding alerts were reported to councils across the UK, with adult social services responsibilities.
NCFE Level 2 (online distance learning, no exams involved).
Who is it for?
This course is funded by the adult education budget, and therefore suitable for learners aged 19 and over and the courses are co-funded. Individuals that are aged 19 or over and have not attained a GCSE grade A* to C in maths or English will be fully funded.
Guided Learning Hours - 145 Study hours Per Week - 12 (*please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals*)
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk. Alternatively; you can enrol over the telephone on 01904 770770.
Most students over the age of 19 will be able to study this course for free, however, please contact us if you are aged 19-23 and do not yet have a full level 2 qualification (5 GCSEs grade A*-C, NVQ Level 2 or higher) as additional eligibility criteria may apply.
This particular short course is just 12 weeks long.
How it helps you
This qualification will provide a thorough understanding of the importance of dignity and safeguarding and is valuable to anyone just beginning or currently working within this sector. Personal tutors are assigned learners ensure you have support need.
How is the course delivered?
This course is available in both paper and online format, and is up to you to decide which method you prefer, making the course flexible and easy for you. Personal tutors are assigned to each learners, to help ensure you have the support you need throughout the duration of the short course.
UNIT 1 – Understanding safeguarding in adult health and social care
This unit introduces the national and local responsibilities in safeguarding and protection from abuse. Those enrolled will study how to effectively recognise abuse and harm, as well as respond to possible cases of abuse and harm occurring within a health and social care environment.
UNIT 2 – Principles of dignity in adult health and social care practice
Leaners will focus on dignity, self-worth and well-being and how these can be promoted through health and social care practice. Application can include, considering how the individual patient is impacted by health and social care services and how principles of dignity can be affected, this section will further understanding of how safeguarding can improve a person’s situation dramatically.
UNIT 3 – Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
This unit explores the meaning of duty of care, along with how it influences health and social care practice. Learners will develop knowledge on the dilemmas and conflicts relating to duty of care and the wide range of support and advice available for resolving such instances.
UNIT 4 – Understand dilemmas and public concerns in adult health and social care
This unit allows learners to develop an understanding of the various dilemmas that can occur in adult health and social care, including ways to recognise dilemmas, how best to resolve them and the support available in doing so.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 2 Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Distance Learning Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Level 2 Award Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Level 2 Award in Working with Young People
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- York St John University Certificate in Counselling Skills